Fall Meeting Code of Conduct
AHTD is dedicated to providing a harassment-free Fall Meeting 2023 experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity, and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We do not tolerate harassment of meeting participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks, workshops, parties, and online media. Meeting participants violating these rules may be expelled from the meeting without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Code of Conduct - Overall Statement
Code of Conduct - Considerations for COVID and Other Viral Illnesses
AHTD has offered guidelines outlining steps that can be implemented to provide as safe an environment as possible when meeting in-person for Fall Meeting 2023. Responsibility is shared equally among event organizers, the event venue, and the event attendees – all have a role to play. This Code of Conduct may be revised.
Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), or your local health authority.
- Adhere to government-issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be traveling to and the region you are traveling from (including compliance required by airlines or other travel services).
- Evaluate your health and that of people you are in close contact with.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
On-site During the Event
Follow guidance from your local health authority, for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Agree to have your temperature taken before entering the meeting/event venue if required by local authorities, event organizers, or venue.
- Agree to wear a mask or facial covering if required by state/local authorities, event organizers, or venue.
- Adhere to social distance protocols put in place by the event organizers or venue and respect others’ personal space.
- Seek medical attention at any time if you feel unwell or are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
Based on current contact tracing advice from many health authorities if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home, please contact the meeting/event organizers to advise them.