Spring Meeting COVID-19 Code of Conduct
AHTD has offered guidelines outlining steps that can be implemented to provide as safe an environment as possible when meeting in-person for Spring Meeting 2022. Responsibility is shared equally among event organizers, the event venue, and the event attendees – all have a role to play. This Code of Conduct may be revised.
Before Leaving Home
• Follow relevant guidance provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), or your local health authority.
• Adhere to government-issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be
traveling to and the region you are traveling from (including compliance required by airlines or other travel services).
• Evaluate your health and that of people you are in close contact with.
• Stay home if you feel sick.
On-site During the Event
• Follow guidance from your local health authority, for everyday preventive actions to help prevent
the spread of respiratory viruses including:
o Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol-based
sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
o Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
o Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
o Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household
cleaning spray or wipe.
• Agree to have your temperature taken before entering the meeting/event venue each day if required by the State of Florida, local government, event organizers, or venue.
• Agree to wear a mask or facial covering if required by the State of Florida, local government, event organizers, or venue.
• Adhere to social distance protocols put in place by the event organizers or venue and respect others’
• Seek medical attention at any time if you feel unwell or are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
Based on current contact tracing advice from many health authorities if you test positive for COVID-19
up to 14 days after returning home, please contact the meeting/event organizers to advise them.