Code of Conduct
Overall StatementAHTD is dedicated to creating and maintaining an engaging and productive environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity; one that is welcoming and free from any form of harassment or other discrimination. This Policy guides everyone who participates or engages in AHTD sponsored events. AHTD wants to ensure that all participants understand what behavior is expected and what behavior will not be tolerated. The environments covered by the Code of Conduct include any venue or vehicle, including hotels, meeting rooms, field sites, or other locations where an AHTD conference, presentation, workshop, or online interaction occurs, and additionally at offsite locations where conference-related social gatherings take place.
Expected ConductBy participating in an event covered by this Code of Conduct, you agree to:
- Be considerate and respectful to each other.
- Refrain from harassing, discriminatory, or demeaning conduct.
- Comply with all rules, policies, and procedures of the facilities at which the event is being held, along with all applicable laws and regulations.
AHTD expressly prohibits harassment and discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions, gender identity, and sexual orientation), age, national origin, familial status, physical appearance, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other protected class.
The following behaviors are unacceptable and will not be tolerated:
- Disruptive and/or disrespectful behavior during any interaction, including presentations and discussions.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any participant, event organizer, staff member, vendor, volunteer, or guest.
- Discrimination, innuendos, verbal or nonverbal harassment of any kind, or hostility against any person or group of people in the above categories.
- Behavior may consist of a single or persistent actions that are considered demeaning, abusive, offensive, or create a hostile environment for others.