Future Leaders (FLP)
Success in today’s business environment calls for a deep and broad leadership perspective. Managing a workforce with diverse ages, values, and thinking styles is a daily challenge. Increasing productivity with fewer resources calls for leaders with the know-how to help employees adapt to change. AHTD provides continued professional development to emerging leaders in member organizations by offering its Future Leaders Program. This series of courses will help you equip your talented, high-potential employees to become your next generation of leaders.
AHTD’s Future Leaders Program is a comprehensive, practical approach that develops the competencies necessary for individuals to successfully lead and incorporates the following:
• Highly interactive training methods that are proven effective for adult learners including individual exercises, small group discussion, case studies and role-plays, as well as traditional instructor-led classroom training
• Inspiring instructors with real-world experience who emphasize practical approaches that employees can apply immediately
• A DiSC communication style assessment to increase self-awareness of behavior differences and personality tendencies
• Creation of individualized learning plans based on each participant’s needs and specific learning goals
• Monthly reinforcement of leadership competencies between Future Leaders Program sessions delivered through distance learning methods
• Access to an on-line community of fellow participants and instructors to discuss training topics and leadership development between sessions
• Access to the Future Leaders Program Resource Center with skill development forms, ‘how to’ templates, recommended resources, articles, TED Talks, and other business aids
Who Should Participate in the Future Leaders Program?
The Future Leaders Program is invaluable to any new supervisor, manager, or other emerging leader with talent and high-potential. Experienced managers who have not had any formal leadership training will also benefit from this program. AHTD offers an opportunity to gain knowledge and learn the skills and behaviors necessary for effective, successful leadership.